As our renovation and repair works continue over the next few months please follow the journey with us here....
The works will focus on the front and entrance of the building to create a much more welcoming and attractive look and feel, both externally and internally by revealing its magnificent original architectural features.
Detailed work will involve the following elements:
- Improved guttering to the side of the building.
- Treating and painting the white walls by the stairs (to remove the mould).
- Re-point parts of the wall adjacent to the Carpark.
- Removing the false ceilings in the front units 1, 2 and 3 and exposing the great arches.
- Adding ventilation to Units 1 and 3.
- Re-configuring Units 1 and 3.
- Cleaning the walls and floor of paint in Units 1, 2, and 3.
- Restoring the large sash window in the Town Hall.
- Replacing all downstairs windows with recessed floor to ceiling windows.
- Replacing both downstairs front doors (main building and museum)
Follow progress with us as it happens. The Market House will remain fully open whilst work is underway, so please come and see how we are getting on and continue to support our independant traders.
The latest work will see our main entrance close from 6th January 2020 for a few weeks. The side entrance to the building will be signposted for access. We apologise for any incovenience caused during this time.
Please note the cafe will be closed until further notice.