Renovation and repair works are almost done.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank our tenants, visitors and partners for all their support over the last couple of years and for following us on this journey. This phase is drawing to a close, here's whats been happening....
THS match funded many of the works undertaken which provided us with an opportunity to restore and repair much of the front of the building and to create a brand new entrance. We worked closely with experts in their field to breath life back into this wonderful heritage building, to restore it, in parts, to its former glory.
The works focused on the front and entrance of the building to create a much more welcoming and attractive look and feel both externally and internally by revealing its magnificent original architectural features.
Detailed work included the following elements:
- Improved guttering to the side of the building.
- Treating and painting the white walls by the stairs (to remove the mould).
- Re-point parts of the wall adjacent to the Carpark.
- Removing the false ceilings in the front units 1, 2 and 3 and exposing the great arches.
- Adding ventilation to Units 1 and 3.
- Re-configuring Units 1 and 3.
- Cleaning the walls and floor of paint in Units 1, 2, and 3.
- Restoring the large sash window in the Town Hall.
- Replacing all downstairs windows with recessed floor to ceiling windows.
- Replacing both downstairs front doors (main building and museum)
- Opening up the ground floor units to create an exciting space.
- Creating a new ceramic sign - Working with Fleur Winter a ceramic artist who has been working with clay for over twenty years and college students in the design and making.
- Levelling of the floor inside to open up the space
- Some new lighting to the front entrance
We still have a long way to go with our ambitious restoration plans and given the constraints and pressures of limited funding streams, we are continually exploring funding opportunities.
The upstairs town hall is in desperate need of renovation and repairs, our aim is to restore this and create an exciting community space for all to use, should funding ever become available to us.
Come and see how it looks and keep a look out for a brand new cafe and pop up area coming soon........